About Writing Centres
The FDHRC, through Meazure Learning, our test publisher/administrator, offers a number of computerized Writing Centres at locations across Canada. Note that, due to the ongoing pandemic, writing centre spaces are limited and may not be available in all cities where the NDHCE was traditionally held. Writing centre spaces are limited and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
As some participants may be sensitive to perfume or aftershave, we ask that all candidates refrain from wearing scents. It is also recommended that you bring a sweater and wear socks as the exam room temperature may vary.
A “typical” session may run as follows:
- T minus 30 min — Candidates check in and sit at their assigned seat – Candidates are not permitted to choose their own seat location or to switch seats. They are to keep the ID Card they receive at the testing centre. They only return the stub to the proctor if they have changes.
- T minus 15 min — Proctor verbal instructions
- Each candidate starts the login procedure
- The candidate must read the electronic Candidate Statement of Understanding and “accept” it (see copy at Annex A).
- T (start time) — Start of 1st part of the examination session
- T + 2 hours — End of 1st part - Start of the Break
- T + 2h10 — End of compulsory break - Each candidate log back in - Everyone must return to their assigned seat
- T + 2h15 — Start of 2nd part of the examination session
- T + 4h15 — End of examination session
- The candidate completes the Online Candidate Feedback Questionnaire
No unauthorized person(s) may enter the examination room without permission from the proctor. Anyone who has to leave the exam room anytime except during the scheduled break or when they are finished must be accompanied.
All FDHRC examination policies and procedures must be followed.
Candidates can leave the test centre when they have finished their Examination. Candidates should not talk immediately OUTSIDE the examination room, so as not to disturb those who are still writing the exam.