The Federation of Dental Hygiene Regulators of Canada (FDHRC) is a federation of organizations which have a statutory responsibility to regulate the profession of dental hygiene within their respective provinces.
The group works together:
- to provide national leadership on issues concerning the protection of the public interest with respect to the profession of dental hygiene;
- to provide a forum for networking and information exchange among Canadian dental hygiene regulatory authorities;
- to develop quality benchmarks for dental hygiene accreditation standards and processes;
- to ensure that valid, reliable examination mechanisms for assessing dental hygiene competencies are available to Canadian dental hygiene regulatory authorities;
- to promote and monitor labour mobility and workforce planning for dental hygiene.