In advance of the planning session on April 18, 2018, members of the Federation were asked to complete a short questionnaire/survey to determine the top three strategic priorities of each respondent and which of these are of common interest and/or importance.
The Objects of the Federation of Dental Hygiene Regulators of Canada (FDHRC) are:
- To provide national leadership on issues concerning the protection of the public interest with respect to the profession of dental hygiene;
- To provide a forum for networking and information exchange among Canadian dental hygiene regulatory authorities;
- To develop quality benchmarks for dental hygiene accreditation standards and processes;
- To ensure that valid, reliable examination mechanisms for assessing dental hygiene competencies are available to Canadian dental hygiene regulatory authorities;
- To promote and monitor labour mobility legislation for dental hygiene and such other activities not inconsistent with these objects.
Respondents were asked:
“Thinking about the above objects and a three-year timeline….”
- What three projects would you like to see the Federation work towards?
- Do you think these can reasonably be accomplished in the next three years?
- If no, what would/could be accomplished in three years?
- What do you think the financial commitment to complete these might be?
Would you be willing to take the lead on any of these projects, and if so, which one(s)?
Strategic Plan 2018-2020
The Mission of the Federation of Dental Hygiene Regulators of Canada (FDHRC) is to promote national leadership in Dental Hygiene regulation in Canada for the protection of the public.
- National framework for Dental Hygiene Competencies
- A national competency/performance-based examination for all dental hygiene applicants from both accredited and non‑accredited educational programs
- National accreditation standards
- Ensuring that FDHRC, in its new role:
- is the ‘national voice’ and ‘go-to’ source of information on dental hygiene regulation in Canada;
- promotes and provides information on dental hygiene regulation in Canada;
- collects and maintains an inventory of tools and other resources (including best practice examples in policies, procedures, etc.).